A five day training course, specifically developed for those who are new to energy auditing, equips participants with an understanding of a systematic process for undertaking energy audits which provide a sound business case for investment in energy efficiency upgrades.
This draw’s on Bruce’s considerable experience in undertaking energy audits and contributing as the AIRAH representative to AS/NZS 3598:2014 Energy Audits.
Energy audits are undertaken in order to identify energy savings opportunities and estimate the costs and benefits of energy efficiency improvements. They also identify how much energy is being used by a facility and can be used to benchmark energy use.
Standards such as ISO 50002 and AZ/NZS 3598:2014 define the activities to be undertaken during an energy audit and the outcomes, with the end aim of ensuring that energy audits are trustworthy documents that can be used to persuade facility owners that there is a sound business case for energy efficiency upgrades in their facility.
It is not easy to achieve this aim, and those new to energy audits often don’t know how to undertake the audit.
In this course participants learn how to undertake an energy audit and:
- How to follow a systematic step by step process to successfully deliver the audit.
- The fundamental principles of producing a trustworthy energy audit report that is persuasive.
- How to work with those operating the facility being audited to maximise the benefits of the audit with the resources available.
- How to collect, analyse and interpret energy consumption data.
- The critical information that needs to be collected on-site and how to find it.
- Which tools and instruments are needed to aid in site analysis and how to use them.
- How to ensure audits are undertaken safely.
- How to identify where energy is used and the major energy uses.
- How to identify energy saving opportunities.
- How to quantify costs and benefits (not as easy as it sounds).
- How to assess savings and cost uncertainty and communicate these.
- Principles of ranking energy saving opportunities.
- How to prepare an energy audit report.
- Presenting your audit and getting agreement on how to move forward.
Next training date & registration
For registration, and to see the next training dates, please visit https://8020green.com/training/